Thursday, July 2, 2009

the entry about designer bags and walk of life

know this, investor-wannabes: take the wise road and park your money on french-originated, vintage label louis vuitton than place your bets on speculative rollercoaster-riding shares. the damned top of the line minaudiere boutique still sees trickling crowds lined along the velvet ropes outside of the shop's premises. i foresee a congenial, upward growth in the intrinsic value of zee bags.


bring out the bargain tables!!


moving on, in light of what has transcended over the past few weeks, i could only admonish myself for being languid in my work and overzealously partaking in societal matters which contributed to nothing short of a deficit in my bank account. speaking of career paths, the moral police in me still hovers: should i linger on in a company which promises nothing but a cul-de-sac in my vocation, though retaining my clients, or move on to a promising head honcho which could potentially bring my career to greater heights, thus risking losing my existing clientele?

am still thinking of my next step whilst munching on a timeout bar. sounds riveting already...

12 comments:

tyc said...

i think you should consider the long-term gains of whichever company offers you, the substantial returns over a period of time and whether it has made you grown overall as a person.

Cubbawa said...

Go forth and make the kill ! (which means move on la)

iruffcookiedough said...

(tyc) yeah, totally. i am placing my bets on that.

(cubbawa) with your blessings, i am definitely making the move with less misgivings. =)

Cubbawa said...

You shall and always will have my support in whichever path you decide to take ... (er, just make sure its calculated risk hoh :P) =)

chaos said...

me facing similar situation...same old stale job promising nothing except bringin in monthly bread...if i had chance like u, i grab it!! Go for it , Des!

Anonymous said...

Why can't your clients move with you? Ie buy more policies?

But being a low risk taker myself, I would choose to stay in an uncertain economic climate

Anonymous said...

ah des,

where is my LV gift??
heheheee :D

km

said...

Desmond, heard that you were once a crew? Is that true? Acually i'm facing the SAMEEEEEE problem... Ha!

Anonymous said...

try a different business model.... ? or probably you've already been doing that..lol

Anonymous said...

every decision has it’s pro and cons. Doesn’t matter what you choose, there is always some good things and bad things that you are going to deal with.

i always tell myself: Every change is a good change. it supports and encourages me when
I deal with any challenge from a new environment or task.

no matter of what your final decision is going to be, all the best to you. ^o^

~no name~

iruffcookiedough said...

(chaos) let's work towards a brighter future. i'm sure without misgivings, we can definitely do much better than we are now.

(anon1) i guess you've already spoken for most of what ppl think in the first place. so it's not that simple as what we would think. =)

(km) you're supposed to get me my gift. where's mine? =p

iruffcookiedough said...

(feng) yes i used to be. read my new entry. =]

(anon2) am trying to start a new initiative with a group of my colleagues. hopefully everything works out fine. thanks for the concern. ^^

(no name) i couldn't agree more. i'd just have to take a gamble and see how things goes. nothing is certain in life and we just have to go with our gut feelings (though it may be wrong) and see how things go.