Tuesday, October 12, 2010

the entry about the young and the restless

although young is idiot-adjacent and right smack in the middle of rage-ville, as much as i'd hate to admit it, it does have its advantages. here's why: a couple of my cronies started a weekly badminton ritual of late. in the the first week, it was really challenging. my legs buckled from lunging too far out and i was practically running the court panting. this never occurred to me a couple years back!

i am guessing age is really catching up. of course, aging doesn't quite rank up there with romeo & juliet on the tragedy scale, empirically speaking, but those of you dudes who have gone through this know how excruciatingly infuriating it is.

so, do you think i made it through the games without falling down? of course i didn't. my flailing arms were inhibited by chronic inertia, and i lost my balance as i stretched a tad much for the shuttlecocks. and as i struggled myself upright, brushed the dirt off my ass, and floundered onwards, i could make out the sniggers and grimacing countenance of my badminton partner. epic failure!

but of course, if any future parties wants know if i'd be keen in future shuttlecock games, the answer is undeniably hell yeah! badminton anyone?

6 comments:

fufu said...

i havent been hold the racket since the day i flew to japan bacin in 2002....sigh...how i wish i could play badminton again...but gotta train myself more before playing with my friends, and probably you in sg? lol

iruffcookiedough said...

it helps with agility, at least in my case, i definitely need it. haa. come to singapore already and stop procrastinating!

Anonymous said...

a group of friends play badminton weekly. did try to join them, howeer, after 2nd time and i gave up. really can't catch up with their speed. :(

~no name~

AtTitUde said...

i don't mind playing. let me know. attitude.nick@gmail.com

Max said...

We have a small group playing in lakeside most sunday evenings. You are welcomed to join us anytime you feel like playing. Our level of play is around the lower intermediate range.

iruffcookiedough said...

(no name) we aren't the exact professionals, and it's all in the spirit of fun for our side.

(attitude) sure!! come join us!! search me on facebook and let's talk there!

(max) thanks max!, but lakeside is a little off my area; im pretty much a central boy.