Thursday, July 31, 2008

the entry about my inner slothness

i need to step out of the house. staying in for the past 72 hours, it occurred to me i was evolving into an otaku.

for the unfamiliar, otaku is a japanese word used to refer to people with obsessive interests, somewhat of a geek. the negative connotations, according to wikipedia, occasionally suggests a creepy, obsessive loner who rarely leaves the house. i'm hoping my introverted moping down does not insinuate any fragments of creepiness, or obsessiveness.

anyways, the protracted length of otaku-hood also brought out the lassitude in me. everything was moving at lightning speed, only because i was moving at a glacial pace. the only time i managed to get up was for my meals (which surprisingly appeared on the dinner table promptly) or for the remote (ahh, i can't imagine days without my google-box).

i had also thereupon neglected my daily threes of good hygiene and health manners. even my maid, the unsuspecting victim, took a whiff of my morning breath when she was trying to wake me up. i am guessing she must have had a shock (other than the halitosis) and imagined me dead when she saw my corpse-like body sprawled across the bed in the same position she saw me a day ago.

i think i need some fresh air after all.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Did you just stand me up to stay in bed? I'm disappointed. ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Haha, i thought you said you will start hitting the gym on tuesday? Someone is getting lethargic. =x

Well well, 72 hours is nothing, I've spent the past 5 months or so rotting at home! >.< At least you are still a "fresh corpse", what Im left with is "a pile of bones". Ho ho ho.

iruffcookiedough said...

(s) i didn't!! (in vehement protest) i took a raincheck remember?

(kelson) yeah, promises promises, i broke them all in the end haha. i will start gym proper next week, i promise (hopefully)!!

Anonymous said...

You better my friend, lotsa of people are watching you ok esp me the super naggy one!!!

iruffcookiedough said...

who is dan btw? care to intro ah? i am intrigued.

iruffcookiedough said...

(anonymous) maybe you were one of the MANY that got rejected. Fret not, more rejections to come your way.

Anonymous said...

haha you need to start looking dirty to be a 仔男, i would suggest a beard- not a goatee cause you'll look hotter. Come on you,re too groomed to be an otaku- admit it!

By the way i haven't seen you around in a long long time.

iruffcookiedough said...

(louisboy) yeah, it's been a while. come on, i've been waiting for your culinary skills for the longest time. think that amount of wait should give me my first beard.

iruffcookiedough said...

(louisboy) yeah, it's been a while. come on, i've been waiting for your culinary skills for the longest time. think that amount of wait should give me my first beard.

Anonymous said...

Hope you got out of bed in the end ;) I'm a bit wary of texting you given the response the last time I tried! eeek. I'll let you decide if you want to contact me. Maybe I'll hear from you? Otherwise, peace :) S

Anonymous said...

hey, i chanced upon your blog and found it meaningful.

My msn is winter_essentials@yahoo.com.sg

Hope you dun mind :)

iruffcookiedough said...

(s) alls good, s-vy. will catch up with you next week. maybe you could spin a little breakbeats for me?

(bryan) hey bryan, thanks for the kindly words. hope that it brightened your day. chat more soon!!

Rex said...

nice blog man. pass by here and saw the B&J look alike ice-cream header! haha~ good day! =)

iruffcookiedough said...

(rex) thanks. i know you. the die-hard fan of popthemusicdrug eh? thanks for dropping by, and let's all hope for the best for PTMD and his chx pox syndrome.

(dan) now i know..... >_<

Rex said...

visit some blog already become a habit to me man, haha~ because can learn more words by reading blog, another way for me to learn ENGLISH haha...according to wikipedia "Habit (psychology), an acquired pattern of behavior that often occurs automatically"...

hahax.. XD

iruffcookiedough said...

copycat leh you! haha

Anonymous said...

amma fan to his blog.. oh ..
how can one missed that?
reading his super duper intellectual highly anticipated sentences bring oneself to a higher level of english language class, checking constantly on wikipedia sought for meaning and answers. Well done.

That's something one OTAKU is self praised about!

"Smart Geek Intellectual Star stuck new Idol of the year."

Popthemusicdrug said...

can learn alot of things from this blog. new words, BIG words, perfectly constructed sentences.

and also alot of other things can learn from desmond also.

anything NEW, anything UNTRIED. HOR DES????? HOR???? HOR???????


hahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iruffcookiedough said...

(kk) i'm floating right now, floating and flattered. gee whiz!! come back more often yah.

(popthemusicdrug) learn NEW things??? must learn from you... cos you're the KING (??) of learning new stuff. everyone kowtow to PTMD!

Anonymous said...

hey, u added me already ?

wld like chat w u real soon

what yr msn :)