Thursday, December 24, 2009

the entry about christmas presents and such

it's christmas eve and i can hardly contain my excitement about the hols. i was never a sucker for festivities. in plain dumb english vernacular, it's depressingly boring. however, i fathom that this year might be a tad different. what with me turning three-tenths of a century, i might have a disparate perspective about caroling around pine trees lit with gazillion bulbous lights.

there are always hordes of people thronging the city streets clamoring for a little bit of the feverish christmas-season-gift-buying bug, and i had to bludgeon my way through get a crowd deep to get my own fair share of presents for my cronies. these are the list of gifts i got in reciprocation (and in no order of price-worth):


a clam card-holder from paul that doubles up as a marquee standee


avant garde spoon kartell rollers from eric


a puma-inspired printed pumps from gabe


stussy bomber from kevin


thoughtful thrift gifts from my family.


every shrewd christmas shopper knows that buying of gifts doesn't stop at just for friends, or for family, so logically, i schlepped around a little longer and after much consideration and tenacious conviction, i got myself a real nice present that is da bomb, practically.


pimp my new ride.



a mercedes benz c180, finally!



a juxtaposition of my old car and my new one.


and in all truisms of truths, the saying you'll never know what you're missing out on till you've really lost it couldn't be farther from the, well, truth. i'm missing my old car already. so, in remembrance of it, here's a look-it before it's sent away to the scrappers. thanks for all the good-old fond memories, old car.



once mine, the volkswagen golf 1.6 fsi


adieu, old car...

17 comments:

fufu said...

wow new car!!!! good... keep it clean and maintain it well ok? i will have a "spot check" when i go to sg in 2012 =p i want the stussy bomber too >< where is my christmas present? anyway hohohoho merry christmas desmond... :)

huiying said...

Gorgeous baby you have now.

Have a bless and joyful xmas with love. =)

BeRtZ said...

erm.. festivals have always been boring.. but its the only time that you get to rest when you start working... Cheerios!!!

iruffcookiedough said...

(fufu) here's wishing you a merry christmas too!! well, if you drop by singapore, i am sure there will be a nice present waiting for you. =)

(huiying) may you be blessed too! ^^

(bertz) true enough, but i've got too many things on my mind to really have a good rest. my eyes are simpering with rage from lack of rest.

Anonymous said...

selling your old car?? I like hatchbacks..

Anonymous said...

Wow...take me for a ride!!! =)

C.A.D

763092 said...

WoW new car! New car for a brand new year!

Wishing you a happy new year in advance! =)

iruffcookiedough said...

(anon) it's been sold already, no more hatchback.

(cad) haha, well, that depends on whether if its possible that if we're fated to meet.

Hayden said...

Hey! Merry Christmas to you! =)

PS I like the pair of puma shoes!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha... i can orchestrate it... =)

Anonymous said...

Hello, saw ur pics,

you look familiar

Have u ever lived in Taiwan?

Coz u look like a person called Xiao Long or Shao Long.

Unknown said...

Wow, the best gift of all has to be the car!!! but still a hatchback is still my luv!

Anyway, enjoy your butter ride yea!!!! merry xmas & happy new year...

Unknown said...

BTW I think I saw U few weeks back in great world city food court. I'm just sitting behind you..hahaha!

iruffcookiedough said...

(hayden) and a happy new year to you too! hope everything's been great. and that the new year ushers brand and exciting future accomplishments for you!

(anon) orchestrate my car?

(steve kang) i will put up the comment. hopefully it can pique the interest of some of the interested bloggers to sign up for this competition. =)

iruffcookiedough said...

(anon) hmm, not really, no one's ever commented about that. and i've no idea who that is... xiao long (bao)?

(aaron) yeah, i was hanging out there with some friends having a quickie lunch get-together. say hi the next time yeah. ^^

Anonymous said...

Xiao long bao? haha, sounds great.

Ok, I can't find his pics,

but show u some links to check.

Maybe he is ur sibling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxT93neGPK8

at 0:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPQui5cpxLs

J

Jay said...

Hey Desmond,

You really doing damn well har...good for you. Sure was a wise decision leaving the airline... *wink*