Sunday, January 18, 2009

the entry about a trip down haji lane.

okay, so shopping in bangkok was quite the bitch (i ended up with a finite number of buys). to avert a potentially cataclysmic clothing drought, i decided that shopping was the order of the day. in tow with my friend raymond, the two of us trudged down haji lane for a little apparel schlepping. the outfit i am decked in was basically the bits and pieces i had managed to scrape when in bangkok. here's a couple pics.




j.a.r.b.: i guess they wanted to print "g.a.r.b." ... typo


raymond, who just can't keep it straight.



in haji lane, and doing the quaint victory pose.



an example of how i go about making a careful, deliberate purchase: my eyes zoom in on the must-buy, and for a moment i hover disconsolately, internal struggles of "should i? should i not? is it worth it? does it match any of my wardrobe attire? does my credit card allow anymore swiping?"-like self-probing rises for the longest time (say 0.125 seconds). i wrinkle my brow whilst i do my soul-searching, and by the next microsecond, i am donning it on to see if it fits. i'm out of it as soon as i was in it and i'm by the cashier handing over my plastic card.

after a little intensive shopping, it was time to stuff our face with nosh. middle-eastern food fare was menu du jour, and it proved equally delectable and comparable to our local delights. think of your favorite food and throw them onto a grille. shazam! cuisine a la middle east!


grilled mushrooms



grilled chicken leftovers; it was devoured before a good picture can be taken.

 



a little more cam-whoring before calling it a night....


or so i thought!
 

the chapter was closed only after another drinking (another?!) session with friends. i guess i shouldn't say this, since it's so early into the year, but my new year resolution is to make cutbacks in clubbing and drinking. and probably focus more on my work. that being said, with pressing matters on hand at the moment, bring on the booze!



jeremy manages to maintain the same pose in two different pictures.




x-tin, my babe in tow.


benjamin exhibits a little wardrobe malfunction but still looks sizzling.



cheerios and out!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

so basically, you're an impulse buyer lah! haha

Anonymous said...

好久不見小豹,還是那麼帥!
想你哦!! (^.^)

Rex said...

hmmmm... never ever been this place before... but it's look like malaysia old st eh.. omg.. home sweet home.. things cheap huh..?

Anonymous said...

小豹... haha

i am a ugly fucking idiot

iruffcookiedough said...

(tyc) yeah, haha, at the end of the day, i am still one who buys very much on impulse.

(anonymous) hi, nice seeing you here too, just not too sure who this is. perhaps a name?

(rex) it's over at the bugis area, maybe you can get directions from there. the price range can be quite varied, depending on which shop you chance upon.

(lucky daily) why do you say that about yourself? *pities*

Anonymous said...

hi des,

whats yr resolution in 2009?
ya u have my best wishes in 2009.
hows yr sale last year? hehehee

k

fufu said...

grilled mushroom~~ i like it!!! i had it when i was in california... tell me the restaurant or bring me there when i am back to spore next mth!

iruffcookiedough said...

(k) just wrote down my resolution in this entry. hoping to stick to it. what's yours?

(lcfu) super la! i bring you around singapore, you bring me around japan? negotiable much?

Anonymous said...

i lurve ur checkers berms !! mong an !...

why party never ask me along !! sad .. u all wanna eliminate me right ... sob sob =(

iruffcookiedough said...

i asked ben and he said that you were at your company's d&d... so long never see you already!!!! miss you!! let's go out for CNY!

fufu said...

erm... deal!! but i am not sure if i could go to japan this april as what you have planned,
anyhow meeting up certainly not a problem ya, see when both of us are free...

minimach said...

The 1st 2 pics... your shorts looks like they are for a fatso... totally oversized 4 you!! did you bought wrong size or wat?

iruffcookiedough said...

(minimach) i was putting my hands in my pocket that's why...

Anonymous said...

hi des,

my resolution is LOVE in 2009.
and u dont scare me abt iphone loh.
i even feel to trade in ya.
guild me for better phone des.

k