Monday, November 24, 2008

the entry about a fantastic month old babe

in case you hadn't noticed, my winsome nephew has already clocked his first month on planet earth. his parents had decidedly thrown a lavish bash for him at six-star st. regis hotel, and me being the uncle, repressed and heavily eye-bagged, had the dubious honor to be the first guest promptly present at eight in the morning.

my guess is that a delightful sense of schadenfreude must have washed over my sinister brother when he saw me arriving disheveled, matted sweat-hair et al. the morning was the absolute pinnacle of fatigue for me, considering that my morning calls are usually during the mid-noon these days. fortunately, with my shadeys in tow, i lucked out and managed to pull off the vibrant and fresh look, or at least i gathered.

anyhow, my role for the day was to be the official usher. i managed to execute my duties duly, but not without a little camera action along the way. it can't hurt to show a little love for the relatives who made it to grace little declan's event by posing with them, i felt.


my brother and sister-in-law, toting little one-month old declan.


late night sleeps lead to specky outfitting, hence explains my cousin and i.


no idea who he is, perhaps a distant nephew, or just someone's kid.


my lovely, demure god-daughter, kyla. until...

you realise how feisty the little rascal can be.


just a heads up that this would be my last entry before my reservist. so i'd be donning on the olive, drabby green uniform for a while before i'd be back blogging. till then!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun serving the country. Hope you get good sleep :D

Anonymous said...

your blue pullover very nice hor, where you get from one ah?

Anonymous said...

A rather heart-warming entry I find. A happy occasion with charming people and nice pictures taken. =)

Take care while at ICT. =]

Popthemusicdrug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Popthemusicdrug said...

the third pic ( the one with the unindentified kid) is looking all kinds of MQ! hehe

But looking quite good in the rest though. did u show me these pictures before???

Anonymous said...

CHAO CHEE BAI

BaldOviN said...

LOL... talking abt this... Declan..=D is uber uber cute and of course name is VRY UNIQUE..=D curious... wats e meaning of his name?

Anonymous said...

hi.. is your watch from nike? pretty nice yeah. the sunshade also looks good on you!

iruffcookiedough said...

(ck) it's quite nuah, apparently. see? i am back at home during a weekday. hehe.

(anonymous) it's from energie, think it was during one of their new launches that i got it, so perhaps maybe no more?

(763092) happy occasion it was definitely, but it was really way too early in the morning, i had difficulty getting up. not quite far from protesting already.

iruffcookiedough said...

(ptmd) you must have been dreaming lah, when did i ever show you these pics?

i know it looks MQ, but the camera with lotsa pictures is not with me, so have to make do with some of the less nicer ones, hehe.

(anonymous2) fuck off already, no one's interested in you and your comments.

(baldovin) apparently, declan means to be always a religious, god-fearing man. sounds nice and has a good meaning to it. =]

(anonymous3) thanks. the shadeys are actually a rip-off. i kinda wrestled it from a friend of mine who owned it and he "gave" it to me in the end. the watch is from dkny.

Anonymous said...

Humph! why does everyone have a relaxed ICT but me?! Lucky you! Humph!

BaldOviN said...

COOL..=D but seriously is a VRY NICE name..=D love e name alot.. LOL.. now m so jealous..=x his name is MORE unique than me...=/

Rex said...

yoyo.. I'm back. Your nephew name is very unique, but, one of the Ireland singer same name as him but that guys is Declan Galbraith, young talent singer from Ireland. =)
after last few day I realise I got 20over nephew... wow...

iruffcookiedough said...

(ck) my ICTs used to be severely punishing. it was only because during last year's assessment that we performed brilliantly that they made this high-key reservist a low-key as a reward.

you just gotta bear with it, haha, which unit btw?

(baldovin) yours is nice too, and as equally unheard of. =]

(rex) 20 over nephews? either your siblings having been working hard at it or you have many siblings.

Rex said...

I got many cousin and they bring many new life~ big shock right. when someone approach you and say, call "jiu jiu"... omg... 1 more...

Anonymous said...

I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Although it is never relaxing, it is also extremely siong either. :P I'm from FDS.

Anonymous said...

Oops. I mean not extremely siong.