Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the entry about diving into the unexpected

 every once in a while, when the waters are less murky and the crows are not warbling in the sky, i would pack my diving gear and head out to the seas, whilst belting out my favorite tunes (did i forget to mention i have lilting vocals? now that would be telling.)

it is during this time that i feel dissociated from the rest of the world, a separate entity submerged in the blissful serenity of the seas. of course, during the aftermath, i would be quite submerged in quite another chafing matter altogether. the sand would creep its way into whatever humanly crevices possible. there would be sand in between the toes, sand in the ears, sand in private recesses where abrasion hurts the most.

so it was on this very day that i went to the southern most area of the island, supinating on my flippers as i made way for the speedboat, cautious to ensure that the sand would not slink into my diving garb et al. as the boat revved out into the open waters, i could feel the wind tousling my hair and caressing my body, which was quite an unknotting experience. when the boat came to a slowdown, i flipped off the back of it and dived into a sea of blue.

the panorama underwater was a splendid view. get a load of the sea anemones and jellyfish swimming amongst me!

have a go finding nemo amongst the sea anemones.



sea anemones thrashing gently in the water.


this condom-like invertebrate that is 0.03mm thick is otherwise known as the jellyfish


other species of jellyfish





isn't it amazing? they change colors like chameleons.



editors note: due to the extreme pressures encountered when in sentosa's underwater world, visitors (like i myself) may experience hallucination and thus conjure a web of falsified truths. i imagined myself in the deep seas when i was actually looking at sea animals from behind aquarium tanks. that much could be said too of my lilting vocals.

26 comments:

LuckyBoy1420 男孩像我 said...

but my mind is so filled with buzzing thoughts and i cant really absorb all that bull shit...

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW, you made envy you dude & feel like dropping everything I'm busy with & head for a diving get away, sigh, but I dont know how to dive hahah, guess I can only do it in dreamland.

Anonymous said...

HAHA
u r not diving.
u r lying!
kekekeke

Rex said...

beautiful... never go sentosa for age... argh~ only go there once in a year.. haha

iruffcookiedough said...

(lucky boy) hey hey, watch your tongue, where's your manners, young man/girl/hermaphrodite?

(dan) hey dan, read carefully, it's actually fiction, i was just at sentosa's underwater world. sorry about leading you to think i really dived.

(anonymous) got me! haha

(rex) surprisingly, there are a couple of places there where are pretty fun to be at. do have a go at it yeah.

Anonymous said...

Hai yo dont be sorry pal, of course I know its fiction & it doesnt matter at all. You just make me wanna go dive, huggies :P

Z said...

u know what. watching fish from the tv and feel the breeze from the aircon sometimes will do too. LOL

Anonymous said...

Haha! What an interesting entry you started off with. Well it seems as though you're really diving underwater.

But why would you visit the underwater world? Haha!

Anonymous said...

Haha! What an interesting post you have here! Nicely described as though you were really diving underwater.

But why did you visit the underwater world? First time there?

Unknown said...

i really thought you had such great underwater camera with ya. i was fooled haha..

by the way, wat is the entrance fee into the underwater world?

Popthemusicdrug said...

sentosa. so unlike you...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dareevan said...

Oooohh... so beautiful!!
How come i never see such view when i do snorkeling at phuket. haha
maybe coz im just a newbie and only play at short distance... :(

iruffcookiedough said...

(dan) huggies back. wow, i can inspire! so does that mean you would really go diving? or is it just a saying thing only?

(z) that was exactly what i did, in truth. hehe!

(763092) haha, got you, didn't i? it was my first time to the underwater world, my taiwanese friends were here in town, and i wanted to show them the beautiful sights of singapore, which were pretty much underwater stuff actually.

iruffcookiedough said...

(dancer) it's about 22 dollars, and it also includes admission to the pink dolphin show. but if you bring some taiwanese friends along, then be prepared to fork out more than a single ticket fee.

(ptmd) what what what? i am exploratory one, k? haha!

(dareevan) maybe the timing wasn't right? it also has to do with seasons. i was at phuket, but i didn't see anything nice too. if you were to go to other places like hawaii though, their skies are blue and the sea view is absolutelyl breathtaking!

Rex said...

wao... I stun while I saw 14 comments after a night~ your blog so hot man~ haha

well. can't go sentosa alone la... I will feel myself so pathetic. haha~ must "jio" someone go tgt.

Anonymous said...

Friction post! hahaha, so how was the first trip to UWS? Been ages since i last went.

And I am done with my logo.. Yea~!

Anonymous said...

Yup you do inspired me, I will really go for a dive but first I have to sign myself up for the course not just say say thingy :P
So more post from you to inspire me ok???? Haha....

Anonymous said...

Des shanghai got clear blue skies and breathtaking sew view or not? kekeke....
And how come you never bring me to underwater world? Me too have never been there.
And I really take my hat off you. A day out with taiwanese frens can invoke so many comments hahahaha

iruffcookiedough said...

(rex) why must your "jio" be in open inverted commas? don't understand.

(kelson) it was quite an unnerving experience seeing so many fish (and big fishes too) up close and personal. show us your logo!!

(dan) i hope there would be more! *smilez*

(anonymous) you never identify yourself. how to go with you leh? =]

Anonymous said...

first u lied
now u feign ignorance
hahahahahah

PATRICIA PESH said...

First, i was like, "wow! effect of a good underwater camera is fab!" Then i thought how come those pictures look so familiar! Lucky, I'd been there!
I almost throw eggs onto my macbook screen!

iruffcookiedough said...

(anonymous) a.k.a. auggie koh?

(pash) i must protest!!! i took those pictures myself. it's still my photography skills ah. >.<

Anonymous said...

hmm i identify myself but why didn you go with me leh? =]

Anonymous said...

mong an guess what you said to just backfired kekekeke
thanks dan!

iruffcookiedough said...

(dan) heya, i am sure the chance will be possible if time permitted. i am currently in the midst of some turmoil and cannot afford to soak in the sun or have some more leisurely time for the moment. read my next entry and you will know more.

(anonymous) so now you're ganging up with dan eh? never die before ah.

Anonymous said...

for the mo', u really got me thinking that u went for a dive literally..
but seeing that u love imagining things, prolly u should be getting one official diving license..